This is a brag worthy focaccia bread. You can certainly substitute the olives and tomatoes with, say, semi dried zucchini and goats cheese, or peppers and semi-dried eggplant. Serve it on the side of a fabulous garden salad or a tasty minestrone. Say "Don't Worry Be Happy" with an Italian accent, kissing your thumb and first finger and watch everyone fight over the last piece.
Line a 8.5x8.5 inch baking tray with baking paper
Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F
4 large eggs
¼ cup coconut milk
50 g/1.5 oz coconut flour
1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp crushed pepper corns
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
18 black olives, pitted and halved
8 sundried tomato slices, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried thyme
- Combine the eggs and coconut milk and whisk until smooth.
- Mix the coconut flour with the Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and baking soda.
- Process the dry with the wet ingredients, adding the apple cider vinegar until well combined.
- Evenly distribute the dough into the lined baking tin.
- Mix the olives, tomatoes, oil and dried herbs and then spread onto the dough, pressing the mixture lightly into the dough.
- Bake on the middle tray in the oven for 25 minutes until the top has browned lightly.
- Let cool completely before serving.